Cindy’s gonna whoop me…

So – here’s the deal… While conversing with our friend Cindy at camp last week, we talked a bit about my weight and the struggle therein. So, Cindy suggested that Vicki and I do what she and Michelle do – no eating after 8pm. And, if I want to eat after 8pm, I have to call her or Michelle first and get permission. (like that will happen…) It’s just one thing, but hopefully will get me going in the right direction.

Cindy is one of those all-in, gung-ho, full throttle, “do or do not – there is no try” type of people. (though I don’t know if she’s ever used that quote from Master Yoda…) I love that about her – especially considering that I’m one of those all-out, gung-what?, got-no-throttle, “son, in about a minute I’m gonna cry like a little girl” kind of people. (She does Yoda – I do Chicken Little. Get the picture?) So, when Cindy makes a suggestion, it’s more like a “do this or I’m gonna whoop you so hard you’ll be lookin’ at life through your shoelaces.” Just the kind of person I seriously needed, and the Lord knew that when He prompted her to inquire about how things are going. I was at 366 lbs, and am back up to around 405. Not surprising, considering the year I’ve had thus far, but still – at this rate I’m heading back toward 486 where I started this whole thing. Not good. So a firm kick in my titanium tuckus is exactly what I need. Bottom line? August 1st, we began. No food (except for water, caffeine-free diet soda, and plain veggies) after 8pm.

Last night? Cindy calls before 8pm, makes sure I’m on board, and encourages me. Good. Nothing but water and some carrots at bedtime. Oh – and a caffeine-free diet soda. All legal. All permitted.

Tonight, on the other hand, is another story. Had a gig at Sunset Manor – out there at 6pm, eating a quick bite on the way, do the gig (and have a GREAT time playin’ for the friendly folks in Jenison), back in the van and on my way home at 9pm, stop at Speedway for a snack at 9:15pm, realize that I’m eating at 9:15:30, and live with the fact that Cindy’s gonna open a big ol’ can of WhoopCal on Sunday. And if she doesn’t, Eric (Michelle’s hubby) will. Either way, it’s gonna hurt, and it’s gonna leave a mark.

This is a tough one, because I ALWAYS grab a snack after a gig. It’s such a habit that I don’t even think about it. So, there I am. I guess I have to work on a new strategy, like packing a cooler with veggies and soda for after the gig.

I’ll have plenty of time to think through that… while I’m recuperating after Cindy gets done with me. 😀 And now that the whole world knows about it (all three people that read this puppy), I’m guessing that more folks will be packing a can of WhoopCal, just in case… 🙂

One comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *