Apologies to all three of you that still read this… (actually, we’re down to 2.35 readers…) I know it’s been a while. So, here’s a fast lean update sans babble…
– Played at Meijer Gardens on Sunday night for an event for grandparents and grandkids. I was outside in the children’s garden, and it was VERY fun! I always love it when kids dance to the music, and it’s expecially nice when grandparents were dancing too!
– Playing tonight at Calvary Church for a Promise Keepers event. (the pre-event event…) They needed a worship band, so Jeremy (our worship leader at Church) and I are joining a few others (including his sister, who has one of the most incredible voices I’ve EVER heard!!!), and it should be an amazing night. 😀
– Leaving for Ohio tomorrow, to play for a cousin’s wedding. Vicki and I are so thrilled to be a part of it. Kati asked her to serve as the mistress (or matron?) of ceremonies, and I think that’s a lot nicer than watching Vicki squirm in her seat as she tries not to jump up every 5 seconds to go help with something. Making it official is so much easier on her… and on my nerves… 😀
(my, wasn’t that fun? At least until next month when Vicki finally catches up on her blog reading…)
– Toonz has gotten a bit of a shot in the arm, which is adding to the creativity of it. I’m sure there are some underlying dubious motives behind it, but I’ll leave those buried for now. The show is sounding really good, so I’m content with that.
– I have some commission pieces of jewelry on the books (including one for the mother of the bride in this weekend’s afforementioned wedding), so I’ll be getting those done in the next week or so.
– I’m WAY behind on phone calls to retirement communities, so although I have a couple of gigs on the books for October, September has only one. I must admit that the one thing about this life I’m pursuing that I’m pretty bad at is making phone calls. I find it difficult to know what to say, or who to call to try and find playing opportunities. I’m trying to get better at it, but for now that’s the weak link in the plan. Second worst is working on stratagies for selling jewelry. In other words, the stuff I’m bad at is the stuff that generates income. And Vicki wonders why I get a little down at night…
(Enough of that line of thought. I’m already going to be bleeding for the previous comment… And all God’s people said, “yeah, right. Like Vicki EVER would make you bleed…” Obviously, you don’t know her that well… 😀 )
(oops… that would be considered number three, wouldn’t it?… )
Enough. There’s where we is at. Now I’ll return all 2.32 (we lost a bit more from the start of this thing…) of you back to your regularly scheduled whatever. Happy trails, friends…